If you are interested in attending the PLAI-WVRLC Regional Seminar-Workshop and Librarians' Summit 2017 on September 8-9, you can now register online through this link (Google Form).
For your convenience, I suggest that you register online. Once you pre-register, your name will be on our list and processing your registration during the event will be faster. Don't forget to pay your PLAI annual dues!
CPD units were applied for this program and we're expecting many attendees.
Here are the seminar details:
PLAI-WVRLC Regional Seminar-Workshop and Librarians’ Summit
8-9 September 2017
West Visayas State University, Iloilo City
This seminar-workshop aims to identify, build capacities of librarians/paraprofessional librarians/LIS students to become competent information professionals.
Specifically, it aims to:
1. Critically discriminate, evaluate, and retrieve information from various sources.
2. Identify reliable/authoritative references against fake sources.
3. Design library programs/activities/instructional materials to enrich the users’ skills in identifying and utilizing reliable information sources.
4. Empower librarians with the importance of Continuing Professional Development.
5. Conduct regional screening for National Book Week celebration.
In view of this, PLAI-WVRLC is cordially inviting you to participate in this two-day event. Rate are as follows:
P1,200.00 – PLAI Members
Registration fee is inclusive of 4 snacks, 2 lunches, kits, and certificates. We are inviting some of the most respected personalities in the profession. A member of the Professional Regulatory Board for Librarians/CPD Council will be with us to answer queries regarding CPD and other matters regarding the profession.
The officers of PLAI-WVLRC do look forward to your coming to this event.
See you there!