Ad

When in Manila 2017

Before October ended, me, my mother, and my sister went to Manila for three days to visit my brother studying there. I admit that we did shopping a lot since there are things you can only find in Manila. We also went to places we haven't been to before and some great restaurants. Here are some places worthy of note.

Pinto Art Museum (Antipolo, Rizal)
This museum showcases art by local artists. It was a surprise because I expected one building but the whole museum is composed of several structures with different works of art. The small buildings are unique and can stand as works of arts themselves. Wandering around the place without a map can be an adventure, with art surprising you in corners and unexpected places.

The whole place feels like a surrealist landscape with white beds scattered all over the place. Be prepared for a hike, because it can be quite tiring to walk around and climb many stairs. We had lunch at Cafe Rizal, which had great food as well. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.









Hello Kitty Cafe (Uptown Mall, BGC, Taguig)
This coffee shop sells coffee and sweets with a Hello Kitty Theme. It's quite more expensive than the usual cafes but I guess we're paying for the *official* Hello Kitty. I wasn't disappointed with the food and the place was cute.



Din Tai Fung (Bonifacio High Street, BGC, Taguig)
Din Tai Fung is one of the top restaurants in the world, and every time we passed by this place before, it was always full. Their specialty is Xao Ling Bao, dumplings with some sort of soup inside. I ordered dry noodles with pork and shrimp wontons, and it was good. We had chocolate-filled Xao Ling Bao for dessert. It was also my first time to eat somewhere with fast, efficient, and systematic service. We had to get in the place early to avoid the lunchtime crowds, but it was really worth it. I will surely go back here the next time I find myself in Manila.


We ate the mascot.

Post a Comment

0 Comments